ThingOS is bridging differences in wireless and wired sensor/actuator technologies to drastically speed-up our customers development of smart environments and industrial internet (Industry 4.0) automation scenarios – find out more at http://thingos.io. At ThingOS, we are a dedicated team of technology- and UX-experts that together build the next generation of IoT technology.
About the Embedded Software Engineer Position
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who will join our Engineering team and help us execute the complete embedded software development lifecycle. Your goal will be to create scalable and optimized software systems for various embedded platforms..
You should have decent experience with IT systems, software engineering techniques and different programming languages. You are interested in exploring new use cases and implementing innovative solutions. You maintain relevant knowledge about industry trends and upcoming technologies.
Embedded Software Engineer responsibilities are:
- Develop and implement software for embedded devices and systems based on requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Perform code and design reviews on a regular basis
- Estimate and measure efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources, and seek ways to enhance these metrics
- Validate new product designs prior to their implementation
- Assist QA Engineers to test software performance and functionality
- Organize post production support for systems you have delivered
- Analyze the hardware related to the systems you are working with, and troubleshoot problems if needed
- Find third party and open source software to use in your projects
Embedded Software Engineer requirements are:
- 2+ years experience working in software engineering
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Solid experience in systems design for embedded operating systems
- Passion for hands-on development of innovative solutions for various embedded targets and hardware prototyping
- Solid knowledge of software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Familiarity with reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
How to apply for this job?
Please send the following information to Matthias via email@example.com:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Brief description of projects you have already done in this field
We are happy receiving your application and will respond within two working days.